Welcome to Second Baptist Church of Abilene
We are a diverse and ever-growing spiritual family that centers on the life and mission of Jesus Christ. At Second Baptist Church, we strive to love radically, reach the lost and broken, and create genuine fellowship and community throughout our neighborhoods and the world. We are actively working to build a great city, renewed by the truth, grace, and changing power of the gospel. Come walk with us and share in the power and glory of His Holy Spirit.
Second Baptist Church was founded in the historic, orthodox tradition of the reformation. We love the great doctrines of our faith. We teach them passionately, celebrate them worshipfully, and do our best to live them gracefully. These deep convictions include the following:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one eternal, almighty and perfect God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in Hist virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of death.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
We also affirm the historic creeds of our faith, including the Apostle’s Creed, the Athanasian Creed, and the Nicene Creed. If you’ve got a particular doctrinal question, please feel free to contact us and we’ll get all your questions answered.
Pastor James Neely